Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Equilibrium

     Yesterday I didn't have energy for much of anything today; partly due to my crazy workweek, partly I'm sure, to the the carbohydrate overindulgence on Sunday evening.  I had intended to run errands, get my hair cut, cook and make it to the gym, but it just didn't happen. 

     I did manage to get some housework done, and I kept my eating as clean as possible to help balance out yesterday's destruction. 

     Oatmeal jar in the morning. Lunch was a delicious sweet potato burger on a whole grain ciabatta roll, topped with mashed avocado, sprouts, mushroom, tomato, onion and spinach... and then a side of mashed cauliflower and raw carrot

   The burger was from a recipe discovered on Pinterest, and I definitely think it's a success.  Possibly a little sweeter than I'd do next time-- I'll probably omit the agave nectar and add a little more spice. 

    I had another oatmeal jar and some cottage cheese with pretzels, and then a late night bowl of fat free ice cream with some coconut. That puts me slightly over my weight loss calorie goal, but I'm alright with that. 

   I need to not be so hard on myself about that, and focus on getting my sleeping pattern back on track above everything else. 

  Be gentle with yourself, and address your needs, not just your desire to lose weight. 
 That's the main thing about the day after overindulging; finding equilibrium, not punishing yourself by starvation or over-exercise. You'll get back in the groove soon enough. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment