Tuesday, May 13, 2014

In Depth

     Yesterday I really did not feel well. I was coming off a rather nasty sinus infection, and I'm still taking antibiotics. In all I haven't been feeling great for a couple of weeks and that has definitely taken a toll on my eating habits.

     Anyway, yesterday my first day trying juicing did not lead to me feeling energized and rejuvenated. Of course I would be a lot to expect of a few glasses of juice in just one day. There is also the detox to consider which, by giving my digestive system a break, gives my body energy to rid itself of lingering toxins.

     I actually felt very tired and had headache all day, but I do not attribute that entirely to the juice. I think these overall health issues contributed to that in addition to bumping my head which surely had something to do with the all-day headache.

     I took a trip to the grocery store this evening and got up the assortment of fruits and vegetables to juice over the next few days.

     I couldn't wait to try another juice, so as soon as I got home I whipped up a very tasty one using a couple of apples, two small white sweet potatoes, some ginger, a rhubarb stalk, and a good handful of kale. After juicing I stirred then about a teaspoon of cinnamon and a dash of both nutmeg and cloves.


    Very tasty! I will say that it didn't yield as much juice as I thought. I only got a little over a cup's worth.

     Also, I had a minor mishap while I was making the juice. I thought I had correctly assembled all the components to the juicer, but I quickly found out when I put my first round of produce down the chute that I have forgotten the compost bin. The scraps splattered all over my counter-top as soon as I turn on the machine. Oops!

     After my juice I did decide to cook some food for dinner. Aside from the two juices had only consumed about 300 calories all day. Still, I stayed healthy and have a nice bowl of spaghetti squash with caramelized onions, lots of garlic And fresh herbs, all talked with a low-sodium tomato basil sauce. Tasty and healthy.

     Since I'm not trying to starve myself and I didn't consume enough juice for a substantial days food, I am very pleased with the days diet. Even if I did go back for seconds and have a yogurt for dessert.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment